Everyone has a blog these days, from anonymous writers (Eklund) to General Managers (John Ferguson Jr). What you will get here will be complete coverage on in depth analysis on what is happening in the hockey world, stories of past players and games and high quality hockey discussion.
The Question of the Day will be the place to challenge the status quo, bring up passionate debates and analyze the numbers behind the stories, like:
- how much of a lock to succeed is the #1 pick overall?
- who would you rather have in their prime, Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman?
- which markets don't have a team but could support one?
- which markets have a team and don't deserve one?
- who is the best coach in the league?
- what is the impact of the lower UFA age?
- how can the NHL sell the game better?
- who won the Nieuwendyk/Iginla trade?
- what is the best league for developing young talent?
- does success in the WJCs lead to future success in the NHL?
- what is the most lopsided deal of all-time?
- who would you pick to start a team, Crosby or Ovechkin?
- who is the most overrated player in the league?
... and many many more
I welcome all input and opinions and look forward to debating with all of you. My personal pledge to you is that you will get an unbiased view that is not influenced by editors or personal relationships and that the site won't be filled with ads - this is a site by a fan for the fans. And if you have any great great hockey sites or interesting discussions/videos send them through - I'd be happy to post the links. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
So enjoy, add your comments and tell your friends..