Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Tuesday in Review
Tonight's Three Stars
1. Patrick Eaves - 1 G, 1 A, +1, 3 SOG, 5 PIMs (fight with Tucker)
2. Evgeni Malkin - 1 G, 1 A, +2. 5 SOG
3. Dany Heatley - 1 G, 1 A, +1, 5 SOG
* Tonight's Ottawa-Toronto game looked very familiar. I feel like I've seen that one before. It will be interesting to see how the Leafs respond on Thursday in Ottawa. That game will say a lot about the makeup of this year's Leaf team.
* After a strong start, Andrew Raycroft has given up 19 goals in his last 5 starts
* Darcy Tucker needs to realize how valuable he is to his team. Going into the game tonight he had been in on 1/3 of the Leafs' goals. They simply cannot afford to have him break his hand pounding on some kid's visor. I admit I've never been a huge fan but Darcy is better than that - and more important.
* I don't want to be like Tony Kornheiser with the mentions of my fantasy team but it IS worth mentioning that Wade Redden finally picked up his first point on the year. Shockingly he had played 191 minutes over the 7+ games before that first assist.
* The Sens have found their punch - 14 goals in 2 games and six different goal scorers tonight. It really was just a matter of time..
* Evgeni Malkin. Wow. Four games, four goals. MANY more to come.
* The Pens got goals from Crosby, Malkin and Staal and great goaltending once again from Fleury - all top two picks
* The way Staal has played it is going to be very tough to send him down.
* Seriously is there a worse team right now than Phoenix? They made Calgary look like an offensive juggernaut and have given up 44 goals in 10 games.
* Mike Morrison's three starts: 5 goals on 29 shots, 3 goals on 13 shots (1 period), 3 goals on 9 shots (1 period+)
Posted by Daniel Tolensky at 12:15 AM