Monday, October 23, 2006
Sunday in Review
Tonight's Three Stars
1. JS Giguere - 29 saves on 31 shots, 4-5 in the shootout
2. Anze Kopitar - 2 assists, +2, 22:56 TOI
3. Todd Marchant - 2 assists, +2
* The Ducks still have not lost a game in regulation (6-0-2)
* Rookie Anze Kopitar now has 11 points in his first 9 games - a better start than even the Kings could have expected
* Cammalleri notched goal #5. He is starting to assert himself more as a leader on the team and is playing well under Crawford
* Giguere is playing great hockey, giving up just 11 goals in his first 6 starts, and that can't make Bryzgalov very happy at the moment
* Ryan Shannon scored his first NHL goal. He's listed at 5'9 and is one of those guys who probably wouldn't be in the league in the 'old' NHL.
* Visnovsky may be one of the most underrated defencemen in the league - he's known for his offensive skills but he's strong at both ends of the ice
* I've seen Craig Conroy's name mentioned in a few trade rumours over the past couple weeks - I think he is a player that will have quite a few suitors as the season goes on and I'm sure Lombardi knows that. My bet is that Conroy will be moved but only when the Kings get the prospect(s) they are looking for, and I think that Calgary and Atlanta would be the best bets to get a deal done.
(AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)
Posted by Daniel Tolensky at 12:22 a.m.