Tonight's Three Stars:
1. Mike Sillinger - 1 G, 2 A, +1
2. Matt Carle - 2 A, +1
3. Chris Higgins - 1 G, +1, 7 SOG
* What a great goal by Sullivan and a fantastic game in Vancouver tonight capped off with a frantic finish.
* Luongo really does give the Canucks a chance to win every game.
* Nashville has fantastic depth and can keep throwing talent out on each line. That and they play an all-around strong team game.
* Florida kept it close but lost in the last minute
* San Jose continues to have trouble scoring at even strength, which could be a problem as the season goes on and teams make adjustments to slow down their powerplay
* Matt Carle is really impressing me at both ends of the ice. Right now he's definitely in the mix along with Malkin and Kopitar for the Calder race.
* Florida winger Ville Peltonen scored his first points since November 30, 2000 - just under six years ago. Peltonen has been playing in Finland.
* Ottawa looked flat for the second straight game and Montreal wore them down and got the win. Higgins started it off with a shorthanded breakaway goal as he continues to shine for the Habs.
* Daniel Alfredsson was on for all four Montreal goals and was a -4. Offensively he has struggled with just 6 points.
* The all-Russian line scored a goal (Kovalev from Samsonov and Perezhogin). It's funny how just a week ago the press was already set to trade Samsonov..
* Emery and Aebischer both played well - at this point I'd have to say they should both be starting
* The Islanders won in front of a very sparse crowd in New York - it was announced at 8,739 but I'd be shocked if it was even that high. The Hawks finally scored their first goal in 12 periods but it wasn't enough to win the game. New York finishes their seven game homestand with a 4-1-2 record. (AP Photo)
* You've probably heard by now that the Flyers have reportedly offered their GM job to Colin Campbell. I think that would be a great move for their franchise - Campbell is very smart and well-respected. Although he has never been a GM before, he has been working for the league for about 8 years now and that unique experience that he would bring to the table would be a definite asset to a team trying to get things turned around.