Tonight's Three Stars
1. Erik Cole
2. Patrick Marleau
3. Nik Antropov
* Even the return of Petr Nedved couldn't inspire the Flyers. Unbelievable how bad this team is.
* Derian Hatcher played 24:02 and was even on the night
* The Flyers actually played a spirited 3rd period but it was too late by then
* Most people hate him but you have to give Alexei Yashin credit so far - he has continued to play great
* Jason Blake is an underrated offensive threat
* Philly has been outscored 60 to 30 this year
* Forsberg is saying all the right things (now that he's talking) but they need to face the facts that the season is over and it's time to rebuild/retool
* Anaheim set the record for most games to start a year without a regulation loss - they are now 9-0-4
* The Ducks look very very VERY good
* Luongo was pulled after 3 goals on 9 shots
* Patrick Coulombe played his first NHL game and was a -3
* Nathan McIver also played his first NHL game on defence and Alexander Edler was playing game #3. Needless to say that the Canucks were going with a patch-work D.
* Carolina out-shot Washington 39-20 and won 5-0.
* Ward got his first shutout of the year - it was his 4th game under 3 goals in his last 5 starts
* The Canes have been inconsistent but will still be a force in the East due to their offensive depth
* No Mats Sundin = 6 goals for hte Leafs?!?
* Antropov gets the third star for stepping up and playing well - I criticize him enough so he deserves credit for his play
* All four goalies saw action tonight - Thomas was pulled and Raycroft was hurt
* If Boston wants to turn things around before it is too late they need to solve their goaltending problems - soon.
* Before Leaf fans get too excited, remember that you played Boston
* Kubina was back in the Czech Republic as his wife was set to give birth
* Doesn't sound like the Raycroft groin injury is too serious
* Chicago gave up an unlucky goal early and could only score once on Brodeur - which meant another shootout and another shootout win by the Devils
* Still no word on a timeline for Havlat's retrn
* The Devils have given up a total of 9 goals in their last 6 games
* Not much to say about Columbus-St. Louis. One of them had to leave with 2 points and thanks to a weak second period by Legace, it was the Jackets
* It's nice for the Blues that their vets are stepping up but they need to find more offense outside of Guerin and Tkachuk
* Dallas dominated Phoenix, outshooting them 29-7 through two periods and 35-13 overall
* Joseph kept the Coyotes in there, allowing just one goal
* This was Turco's first shutout of the year - he's probably been the best goalie in the league so far
* In 13 starts, Turco has given up more than 2 goals in a game just three times
* San Jose exploded for 7 against LA including 3 by Marleau (on 3 shots) and 2 by Cheechoo
* Garon was in for all seven goals as the Kings continue to struggle against stronger opponents
* The Sharks have been having trouble scoring 5-on-5 but only one of their goals was on the PP
* Patrick Rissmiller doubled his season total with a three point night